High School Elite Invitation Only
The Golf Practice’s High School Elite program at Canal Shores Golf Course, which run Tuesdays & Thursdays from June 9 – July 2, is an all-encompassing option for high school players in the Evanston area, as well as nearby locations. The program will focus on some of the necessities in playing solid tournament golf — the mental side of the game, course management and shot development.
Students in this class will learn, among other things, ways to put their minds in the best possible state in order to play solid and steady golf, explore how to better manage our misses like the best players in the world and learn to master a reliable tee shot when the pressure is high and the fairway is tight.
Session 1: June 9 – July 2 (8 classes)
Dates: Tuesday, June 9 – Thursday, July 2
Time: Tuesday and Thursday from 5pm – 6:30pm
Location: Canal Shores Golf Course (MAP)
This program will provide students with:
- A mental game overview and discussing topics such as ego, expectation, acceptance, commitment and more
- Pre-shot pyramid and mental scorecard as developed by sports psychologist Dr. Michael T. Lardon
- Shot dispersion patterns and on-course strategy
- Ways to continue to develop ability from 100 yards and in
- In-depth look at putting and chipping technique
- Various games and on-course competitions to test skills in pressure situations
TGP Make-Up Policy: It is expected that your junior golfer attends every class. Players may attend a future High School Elite class, if space allows. Limit to one make-up.
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more programs within a 12-month period will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication. Each golf bag will include a customized logo and the player’s name.
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.