High School Prep Camp
On-Course, Skill Development Training for Advanced Golfers
New for 2021 is the High School Prep Summer Camp, Level III of our Summer Camp options at Canal Shores GC. An invitation or evaluation is required to be in this program, which is for golfers in the 11-14 age range who have a desire to play high school golf.
This camp develops golfers by means of placing an equal focus on learning, performance and enjoyment. Golfers will learn about their own swing and be given more individualized instruction on their full swing, putting and wedging strokes necessary for players of this level.
Compared to the Travel Camp, students will spend more time playing their own ball, keeping their own score and counting every stroke.
We will work to develop shot patterns, course management and a mindset that will lead every golfer to their optimal performance. All of this will be done in a fun environment that keeps the students engaged. There will be a mix of the team and individual competitions (Impossible Putt, Shamble and 3 Club Challenge) our campers have grown to love.
This program focuses on helping players develop:
- Mindfulness – Junior golfers learn ways to calm their minds when playing competitively. Coaches will assist them in better preparing themselves mentally for tournaments and as they approach each shot on the course.
- Individual swing projects – Coaches will work with each student to create a plan to improving their swing and establish a few areas to sharpen throughout the week and moving forward. These areas will continue to be molded as students attend multiple weeks.
- Shot versatility – Students will gain an understanding of how to execute different trajectories and shot shapes.
- On-course performance – Students will be put in certain situations (individual/team-based competitions) that mirror tournament and high school golf. Testing their games and getting experience in these environments will equal more confidence and comfort during competition.
- Course management – Students will continue to learn how to get the most out of their rounds, especially when they aren’t playing their best.
$745 for 1 week
$1,395 for 2 weeks
$2,695 for 4 weeks
(Payment plans available)
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
We had a successful 2020 summer camp season, with no known cases, by requiring masks for staff and students and doing our best to maintain six feet of social distancing, along with other safety measures. Once students get on the course and are outside that six-foot range of each other, they are allowed to remove their masks. As it stands today, we will continue the same safety measures in 2021 in order to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Canal Shores Golf Club (Evanston, IL)
M–F: 8am-12pm; the specific week(s) you will be attending is not determined during registration. In May, you will receive an email to lock in the week(s) you will be in attendance.
Can be purchased for additional $25
- Be able to walk 18 holes.
- Show dedication and focus to improving their game
- Have an interest in playing high school golf
$745 / 1 week | $1,395 / 2 week | $2,695 / 4 weeks
(payment plans available)
All camps are M–F from 8am–12pm at Canal Shores Golf Club.
JUN 7 – JUN 11
JUN 14 – JUN 18
JUN 21 – JUN 25
JUN 28 – JUL 2
JUL 5 – JUL 9
JUL 12 – JUL 16
JUL 19 – JUL 23
JUL 26 – JUL 30
AUG 2 – AUG 6