Junior Essentials I
Learning the Necessary Fundamentals
Junior Essentials I is the first level of group instruction offered at TGP. Its primary focus is to get young golfers excited about learning and participating in the sport. We nurture this excitement by using a variety of non-traditional learning strategies to assist our junior golfers on their path to discovery. JE I addresses and instills these fundamentals through thoughtful instruction with a concentration of deliberate gameplay that will entertain and challenge your junior golfer. Classes are held once per week, and each class is one hour long.
This program focuses on golf fundamentals, including:
- Proper grip and hand/wrist articulation. Students will explore various hand positions and deliveries so that the club can be swung and delivered squarely to the ball.
- Establishing a setup routine. Junior golfers will begin to develop the necessary parts of a pre-shot routine through an introduction to The Golf Practice’s unique setup method, which includes properly gripping the club, addressing the ball, and aiming the clubface.
- Swing basics. Students will explore how the golf club rotates around the body to produce a strong and steady swing from start to finish. Equipped with the proper grip, alignment, and understanding of the swing, junior golfers are now ready to make solid contact with the ball.
For Ages 5–7
“The Cube” Indoor Facility
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
Spring, Fall, Winter:
“The Cube” Indoor Training Facility (Highland Park, IL)
Spring, Summer, Fall:
Canal Shores Golf Course (Evanston, IL)
Can be purchased for additional $40
Player may attend another Junior Essentials I class if space allows.
2021 Winter Phase II
at “The Cube” Indoor Facility
$344 for 8 classes
Important: There is a tentative start date of Sunday, January 24 for this program. Should the current restrictions (no group programming allowed) by the State of Illinois extend past that date, we will issue refunds for any canceled classes.
– Students and staff must arrive in and wear a mask for the entirety of class
– Please do not enter the building more than 5 minutes before class
– Students and staff will be temperature checked before entering the building
– If a student or staff registers a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will not be permitted to attend class
– Hand sanitizer and gloves will be provided, if necessary
– If your child or an immediate family member is sick or has been in contact with Covid-19, please do not attend class
Sunday Class 1
JAN 24 – MAR 14 | 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Sunday Class 2
JAN 24 – MAR 14 | 9:45 am – 10:45 am