Junior Golf Summer Camp
“Discipline and Concentration are the direct result of Fascination”
Half Day Camp is Level I of our three Summer Camps offered at Canal Shores GC in Evanston, is for beginners or students with limited experience.
At The Golf Practice we believe fascination to be the most important thing for improvement. Students can learn without fascination, but they learn much more quickly, and retain the information better, when they are first fascinated by what they are doing. Our camp experience is based on helping students experience the four most fascinating things about golf…
– Hitting the Ball in the Air
– Hitting the Ball at a Target
– Curving the Ball
– Hitting the Ball Far
Through this coaching model, campers will grow a love for the game that will fuel them towards future achievement in the sport. Our professional golf coaches have developed a curriculum over a 30 year period that blends teaching the fundamentals of the game with a fun, game based experience. Campers will play competitive games using hockey sticks, soccer balls, and velcro 12 foot dart boards all in an effort to stimulate the four pillars of fascination. We guarantee your child has never experienced a golf camp like this.
- The Golf Practice started at Canal Shores in 2014 with 5 kids in a Fall beginner clinic.
- As our Half Day Campers skills advanced and their interest in competitive golf grew, we created a Travel Camp and eventually a High School Prep Camp.
- Today, we serve 600 kids per year at Canal Shores, including over 100 competitive golfers. Most of which started in our Half Day Camps.
- In 2021, four of the top six ETHS Boys Varsity team were Half Day Campers with us when they were younger and began learning golf.
- Over the years we’ve had numerous golfers graduate from our Half Day Camps to more competitive programs at The Golf Practice including 5 students who currently participate in our Mastery 360 College Prep program.
$415 / week
(Payment plans available)
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
Canal Shores Golf Club (Evanston, IL)
Can be purchased for additional $25
M–F: Students are assigned start times between 8:15am – 10:00am. Two groups of four will start at 8:15am, two groups at 8:30am, in 15-minute intervals, until 10:30am. Although two groups start at the same time, they won’t interact with each other. Each student finishes 2.5 hours after their start time, which will be emailed to parents the Friday before camp. Younger students will start first, while older students will go later in the day. In other words, a 5-year-old will start closer to 8:15am than 10:30am. A 14-year-old, meanwhile, will start closer to 10:30am.
What to Expect
We will issue a full refund if we know 48 hours or more in advance. If it’s inside that window, we will apply credit to your account, to be used toward future group programming.
JUN 6 – JUN 10
JUN 13 – JUN 17
JUN 20 – JUN 24
JUN 27 – JUL 1
JUL 5 – JUL 8
JUL 11 – JUL 15
JUL 18 – JUL 22
JUL 25 – JUL 29
AUG 1 – AUG 5