Think your junior could benefit from this program?
This is an invitation-only program. Give us a call at (847) 850-0956 to schedule an evaluation!
Invitation Only Training Program
The Varsity Prep program is aimed for high school students that share a love of golf. This invitation-only program is for players who have a desire to play competitively, be serious about learning, but might not have the time to fully commit to golf.
The flexible structure of Varsity Prep allows our students to improve their golf game in a competitive group environment. Weekly Varsity Prep classes will be focused on competition and repetition.
This program will provide students with:
- Productive practice techniques – Students will learn how to plan practice sessions in order to achieve specific goals and how to effectively utilize training tools and resources to accurately measure progress and success.
- Greater understanding of their emotions and mental strength – Students will be taught strategies for accepting and embracing the difficulties and frustrations that often accompany learning. This is done with mindfulness, a training that leads to being present to our experiences more often and cultivating the capacity to let go of disappointments, frustrations, anger and anxiety, more quickly.
- Monitoring progress – All too often, good students will have a tendency to over-correct a swing concept or have technique that begins to shift in a bad direction without the player being aware. This program will equip students with the necessary mental resources to notice these clues and fix them before harm is done.
- Sports performance training – Each practice will consist of a functional golf workout component that will help students with strength, agility, swing speed, and endurance, as well as total body conditioning.
- Advanced swing analysis – Instructors will work with students to develop individual swing projects that are customized to the student’s biomechanics, and students will learn how to effectively practice these new movement patterns and understand their progression.
Our staff has created a document (below) to assist families in deciding on a tournament schedule for their junior golfer.
The quantity of events you might play in is something that differs from player to player, depending on their experience and comfort level, so don’t feel like you have to follow our recommendations exactly. Our advice for Varsity Prep students is highlighted in yellow. If you would like to discuss this more in detail, please contact your TGP coach or email us at email@example.com
Canal Shores Varsity Prep
Includes one 9 hole playing lesson at Sunset Valley Golf Course
(Highland Park, IL)
The Golf Practice is a PGA recognized academy
– Canal Shores Golf Course (Evanston, IL)
All group classes will be held on Wednesdays from 5pm – 7pm at Canal Shores Golf Course.
Your junior golfer’s one nine hole playing lesson will be held at Sunset Valley Golf Course. This will be scheduled with a coach at your convenience.
We offer a yearly rental club program. Please contact us to learn more.
In entering this program, it is expected that your junior golfer attend each class.
2021 high school teams with TGP students
What’s expected from Varsity Prep students
Participation in the Varsity Prep program is a commitment, but for those golfers willing to put in the effort you will see great improvement in your overall game.
- Once a week competitive group class
- 18 & 36-hole tournaments with IJGA & HJGT
- 4–8 tournaments a year
Note: These are basic expectations that come with entering this program. Not all bullet points are included in the cost of tuition.
Boys Scoring curve
Girls Scoring Curve
2022 Summer Session
Canal Shores Golf Course
Evaluation required for all new students. To schedule a free evaluation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday Group Class
One 9 hole playing lesson at Sunset Valley
JUN 8 – JUN 29 | 5:00pm-7:00pm
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication. Each golf bag will include a customized TGP logo and the player’s name.