Think your junior could benefit from this program?
This is an invitation-only program. Give us a call at (847) 850-0956 to schedule an evaluation!
Invitation Only Training Program
The Varsity Prep program is aimed for high school students that share a love of golf. This invitation-only program is for players who have a desire to play competitively, be serious about learning, but might not have the time to fully commit to golf.
The flexible structure of Varsity Prep allows our students to improve their golf game in a competitive group environment. Varsity Prep students will participate in a weekly Trackman Simulator Golf League and receive one hour of private instruction each week.
Trackman Simulator League – Monday Nights
This element of the Varsity Prep program is intended to provide students with valuable on course playing experience using our state-of-the-art Trackman Simulators. Students will compete in a season long points race and play against their peers in a fun and competitive environment.
This program will provide students with:
- Advanced swing analysis – Instructors will work with students to develop individual swing projects that are customized to the student’s biomechanics, and students will learn how to effectively practice these new movement patterns and understand their progression.
- Greater understanding of their emotions and mental strength – Students will be taught strategies for accepting and embracing the difficulties and frustrations that often accompany learning. This is done with mindfulness, a training that leads to being present to our experiences more often and cultivating the capacity to let go of disappointments, frustrations, anger and anxiety, more quickly.
- Monitoring progress – All too often, good students will have a tendency to over-correct a swing concept or have technique that begins to shift in a bad direction without the player being aware. This program will equip students with the necessary mental resources to notice these clues and fix them before harm is done.
Our staff has created a document (below) to assist families in deciding on a tournament schedule for their junior golfer.
The quantity of events you might play in is something that differs from player to player, depending on their experience and comfort level, so don’t feel like you have to follow our recommendations exactly. Our advice for Varsity Prep students is highlighted in yellow. If you would like to discuss this more in detail, please contact your TGP coach or email us at email@example.com
“The Cube” Indoor Facility
(Highland Park, IL)
Weekly Trackman Simulator League
one 60 minute private lesson per week
(weekly lesson scheduled at your convenience)
The Golf Practice is a PGA recognized academy
– Indoor Facility – “The Cube” (Highland Park)
Trackman Simulator League Times
18-hole Varsity Prep TrackMan League Night will be held on Monday nights from 7:45pm-9:15pm.
tRACKMAN sIMULATOR leAGUE coURSE sCHEDULE
Varsity Prep students will compete weekly at the following virtual courses
Week 1 – The Old Course (St. Andrews, Scotland)
Week 2 – Conway Farms (Lake Forest, Ill)
Week 3 – Seaside Course (Sea Island, GA)
Week 4 – Quail Hollow (Charlotte, NC)
Week 5 – Liberty National (Jersey City, NJ)
Week 6 – Copperhead (Innisbrook, FL)
Week 7 – Muirfield Village (Muirfield, OH)
Week 8 – PGA National (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
Week 9 – Medinah CC (Medinah, IL
We offer a yearly rental club program. Please contact us to learn more.
In entering this program, it is expected that your junior golfer attend each class.
2022 high school teams with TGP students
What’s expected from Varsity Prep students
Participation in the Varsity Prep program is a commitment, but for those golfers willing to put in the effort you will see great improvement in your overall game.
- Once a week competitive group class
- 18 & 36-hole tournaments with IJGA & MAJGT
- 4–8 tournaments a year
Note: These are basic expectations that come with entering this program. Not all bullet points are included in the cost of tuition.
Boys Scoring curve
Girls Scoring Curve
2022 Winter Phase I Session
at “The Cube” Indoor Facility
(Highland Park, IL)
includes one league night and one 60 minute private lesson per week
Evaluation required for all new students. To schedule a free evaluation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday League Night
OCT 24 – DEC 19 | 7:45pm – 9:15pm
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication. Each golf bag will include a customized TGP logo and the player’s name.