Think your junior could benefit from this program?
This is an invitation-only program. Give us a call at (847) 850-0956 to schedule an evaluation!
Elite Invitation Only Training Program
The Varsity Prep program is designed for experienced high school golfers. This invitation-only program is for players interested in competing at the varsity level and being a leader on their respective high school team. Participants should have a strong desire to play competitively, be serious about learning, and have demonstrated a dedication to improving their game which includes body and mind.
These golfers are well on their way toward understanding their abilities and what it takes to achieve their individual goals. We will provide them with the knowledge and resources to practice efficiently and effectively in order to get the most out of their time and effort. Varsity Prep classes meet twice per week, and each class is 90 minutes.
This program will provide students with:
- Productive practice techniques – Students will learn how to plan practice sessions in order to achieve specific goals and how to effectively utilize training tools and resources to accurately measure progress and success.
- Greater understanding of their emotions and mental strength – Students will be taught strategies for accepting and embracing the difficulties and frustrations that often accompany learning. This is done with mindfulness, a training that leads to being present to our experiences more often and cultivating the capacity to let go of disappointments, frustrations, anger and anxiety, more quickly.
- Monitoring progress – All too often, good students will have a tendency to over-correct a swing concept or have technique that begins to shift in a bad direction without the player being aware. This program will equip students with the necessary mental resources to notice these clues and fix them before harm is done.
- Sports performance training – Each practice will consist of a functional golf workout component that will help students with strength, agility, swing speed, and endurance, as well as total body conditioning.
- Advanced swing analysis – Instructors will work with students to develop individual swing projects that are customized to the student’s biomechanics, and students will learn how to effectively practice these new movement patterns and understand their progression.
Includes 17 group classes and one 60-minute private lesson
The Golf Practice is a PGA recognized academy
Classes wil begin Wednesday, January 20 and run through Thursday, March 18. After several requirements were met, the State of Illinois has moved our region from Tier III to Tier II mitigations, allowing for group classes to be held.
Can be purchased for additional $40
In entering this program, it is expected that your junior golfer attends each class. Since this isn’t always possible, whether it’s due to an illness or another commitment, we offer one make-up class at the end of the session.
2020 high school teams with TGP students
What’s expected from Varsity Prep students
Participation in the Varsity Prep program is a commitment, but for those golfers willing to put in the effort you will see great improvement in your overall game.
- Twice a week group classes
- One 60-minute private lesson
- Twice a month individual practice
- 18 & 36-hole tournaments with IJGA & HJGT
- 4–8 tournaments a year
Note: These are basic expectations that come with entering this program. Not all bullet points are included in the cost of tuition.
Boys Scoring curve
Girls Scoring Curve
2021 Winter Phase II
Evaluation required for all new students. To schedule a free evaluation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition: $1475 | “The Cube” Indoor Facility
In response to Covid-19 safety protocols, a maximum of 12 students is capacity for this program.
– Students and staff must arrive in and wear masks for the entirety of class
– Please do not enter the building more than 5 minutes before class
– Students and staff will be temperature checked before entering the building
– Should any student or staff register a temperature of 100.4 or greater, they will not be permitted to attend class
– Hand sanitizer and gloves will be provided, if necessary
– If your child or an immediate family member is sick or has come in contact with Covid-19, please don’t send your child to class
JAN 21 – MAR 18 | 7:45 pm – 9:15 pm
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication. Each golf bag will include a customized TGP logo and the player’s name.