Junior Travel League
Introduction to Competition
Travel League is the fourth step in TGP’s Junior Development Series and is intended to be an introduction to competitive golf. Travel League is geared toward young golfers who have demonstrated basic playing skills, a primary understanding of rules and etiquette, have previous golf course experience, and have an interest in competitive golf. Travel League golfers will be coached to be thoughtful students of the game while challenging their own abilities through well-intentioned practice. Students will have an understanding of their specific golf projects and how they can utilize various resources to properly measure their progress and experiences.
This program focuses on golf fundamentals, including:
- A reliable pre-shot routine – Junior golfers will continue to build a consistent pre-shot routine that allows them to analyze and prepare for each shot, which is a skill that is needed to successfully perform under pressure.
- Wedging skills – Students will gain an understanding of how to execute a proper wedge shot and how to vary their shot trajectory through their setup and stroke.
- Putting technique – Students will continue to develop their grip and posture to allow for a free-moving putting stroke, and they will work on various drills to isolate the skills specific to putting (e.g., reading greens, clubface alignment, solid contact, and speed management).
- Recovery shots – Each player will be taught specialty shots that can be utilized when trying to escape trouble areas on the golf course.
- Competitive playing procedures – Players will learn more advanced rules and the nuances of golf etiquette that are required in tournament competition.
Travel League classes meet twice per week, and each class is 90 minutes. In addition, during spring and summer months, students will be invited to compete in tournaments that are held once per week.
Evaluation required for all new students. To schedule a free evaluation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Includes 15 group classes and one 30-minute private lesson. Payment plans available.
The Golf Practice is a PGA recognized academy
– Canal Shores Golf Course
Can be purchased for additional $40
In entering this program, it is expected that your junior golfer attends each class. Since this isn’t always possible, whether it’s due to an illness or another commitment, we offer one make-up class at the end of the session.
What’s expected from Travel League students
Participation in the Travel League program is a commitment, but for those golfers willing to put in the effort you will see great improvement in your overall game.
- Twice a week group classes
- Monthly 30-min. private lesson
- Once a month individual practice
- 9-hole tournaments with TGP
- 2–4 tournaments a year (IJGA & U.S. Kids)
Note: These are basic expectations that come with entering this program. Not all bullet points are included in the cost of tuition.
The average score for Travel League students is 54 from 1,350 yards, though some students fall below or above that baseline.
2020 Winter Phase I
Tuition $1,225 | “The Cube” Indoor Facility
In response to Covid-19 safety protocols, Travel League will be split into two classes for the Winter Phase I session. Families will have the option to register for Mondays & Wednesdays OR Tuesdays & Thursdays. Each class will have a maximum of 12 students.
– Students and staff must arrive in and wear masks for the entirety of class
– Please do not enter the building more than 5 minutes before class
– Students and staff will be temperature checked before entering the building
– Should any student or staff register a temperature of 100.4 or greater, they will not be permitted to attend class
– Hand sanitizer and gloves will be provided, if necessary
– If your child or an immediate family member is sick or has come in contact with Covid-19, please don’t send your child to class
includes one 30 minute private lesson
(payment plans available)
OCT 26 – DEC 17 | 4:15 pm – 5:45 pm
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication. Each golf bag will include a customized TGP logo and the player’s name.