Junior Essentials III
Learning the Finer Points
The Junior Essentials III program offers older junior golfers, aged 12-14, a class to develop their skills. The program is designed for players who have a basic understanding of golf but want to take their knowledge and skills to the next level. In this program, students will learn how to practice purposefully and gain an awareness of their individual swing. Students in this class are still at that beginner-to-limited-experience level.
The program focuses on helping players develop:
- A reliable pre–shot routine – Juniors will learn to differentiate between “think box” and “play box” skills as part of developing their pre-shot routine.
- An understanding of ball trajectory – Students will learn the importance of shaping golf shots and how to create shots with varied shapes and trajectories.
- An effective short game – Arguably the most important aspect of golf, participants will develop an understanding of various short-game shots (e.g., chip, pitch, high-pitch) in addition to exploring techniques for escaping bunkers.
- Putting – While putting is an integral part of the overall short game, it is also a skill all its own that requires specialized attention. Players will develop their putting abilities through various drills that isolate different putting skills such as reading greens, club face alignment, pace control, and ball rolling.
For Ages 12–14
“The Cube” Indoor Facility
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
We had a successful 2021 summer camp season, with no known cases, by requiring masks for staff and students and doing our best to maintain six feet of social distancing, along with other safety measures. Moving forward:
- Students and staff members, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS, must arrive in and wear their mask for the entirety of class.
- If your child or an immediate family member is sick or has been in contact with Covid-19, please do not attend class.
2022 Winter Phase II Session
at “The Cube” Indoor Facility
$449 for 10 classes
Sunday Class 1
JAN 9 – MAR 13 | 11:30am – 12:30pm
Sunday Class 2
JAN 9 – MAR 13 | 12:45pm – 1:45pm