Junior Essentials III
Learning the Finer Points
The Junior Essentials III program offers older junior golfers, aged 11-14, a class to develop their skills. The program is designed for players who have a basic understanding of golf but want to take their knowledge and skills to the next level. In this program, students will learn how to practice purposefully and gain an awareness of their individual swing. Students in this class are still at that beginner-to-limited-experience level.
The program focuses on helping players develop:
- A reliable pre–shot routine – Juniors will learn to differentiate between “think box” and “play box” skills as part of developing their pre-shot routine.
- An understanding of ball trajectory – Students will learn the importance of shaping golf shots and how to create shots with varied shapes and trajectories.
- An effective short game – Arguably the most important aspect of golf, participants will develop an understanding of various short-game shots (e.g., chip, pitch, high-pitch) in addition to exploring techniques for escaping bunkers.
- Putting – While putting is an integral part of the overall short game, it is also a skill all its own that requires specialized attention. Players will develop their putting abilities through various drills that isolate different putting skills such as reading greens, club face alignment, pace control, and ball rolling.
For Ages 11–14
Canal Shores Golf Course
“The Cube” Indoor Facility
Fall (Highland Park)
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
2021 Fall Session
at “The Cube” Indoor Facility
$295 for 7 classes (no class on Sunday, Sept. 5, Labor Day weekend)
– Students and staff members who are NOT fully vaccinated must arrive in a mask and wear for the entirety of class.
– Students and staff members who are fully vaccinated may choose to not wear a mask.
– If your child or an immediate family member is sick or has been in contact with Covid-19, please do not attend class.
Sunday Class 1
AUG 22 – OCT 10 | 11:30am – 12:30pm
Sunday Class 2
AUG 22 – OCT 10 | 12:45pm – 1:45pm
2021 Fall Session
at Canal Shores Golf Course
$549 for 13 classes; no class on Sept. 6 & Sept 20
Monday & Wednesday
AUG 23 – OCT 11 | 5:15pm – 6:15pm