Junior Essentials II
Building on a Solid Foundation
The Junior Essentials II program is designed for players aged 8-10 who are interested in continuing to progress as golfers, though they are still at that beginner or limited experience level. Through skill-based games, drills, and contests, players will continue to build their athleticism and golf skills while understanding methods and techniques that are used to effectively move the golf ball around the course. We equip our juniors with the ability and vocabulary to know what is correct, and how to communicate those feelings and ideas.
This program focuses on golf fundamentals, including:
- Establishing a setup routine – Junior golfers will build upon The Golf Practice’s unique setup method—which includes properly gripping the club, addressing the ball, and aiming the clubface—and delve further into the nuances of a sound dynamic posture.
- Impact position – Students will learn how ball flight is affected by impact elements and how to consistently strike the ball on the center of the clubface.
- Wedging – Junior golfers will be able to implement proper wedging techniques by learning the importance of controlling trajectory, and they will be able to differentiate between various short-game shots.
- Bunker shots – Students will learn how to hit successful bunker shots, with a focus on successfully escaping the sand as a means to promote overall confidence.
- Proper grip and hand/wrist articulation – Students will explore various hand positions and deliveries so that the club can be swung and delivered squarely to the ball.
- Swing basics – Students will explore how the golf club rotates around the body to produce a strong and steady swing from start to finish. Equipped with the proper grip, alignment, and understanding of the swing, junior golfers are now ready to make solid contact with the ball.
For Ages 8–10
Canal Shores Golf Course
“The Cube” Indoor Facility
Fall (Highland Park)
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
2021 Fall Session
at “The Cube” Indoor Facility
$295 for 7 classes (no class on Sunday, Sept. 5; Labor Day weekend)
– Students and staff members who are NOT fully vaccinated must arrive in a mask and wear for the entirety of class.
– Students and staff members who are fully vaccinated may choose to not wear a mask.
– If your child or an immediate family member is sick or has been in contact with Covid-19, please do not attend class.
Sunday Class 1
AUG 22 – OCT 10 | 9am – 10am
Sunday Class 2
AUG 22 – OCT 10 | 10:15am – 11:15am
Sunday Class 3
AUG 22 – OCT 10 | 11:30am – 12:30pm
2021 Fall Session
at Canal Shores Golf Course
$549 for 13 classes (no class Sept. 6 & Sept. 20)
Mon/Wed Class 1
AUG 23 – OCT 11 | 4pm – 5pm
Mon/Wed Class 2
AUG 23 – OCT 11 | 5:15pm – 6:15pm