Junior Essentials II
Building on a Solid Foundation
The Junior Essentials II program is designed for players aged 9-11 who are interested in continuing to progress as golfers, though they are still at that beginner or limited experience level. Through skill-based games, drills, and contests, players will continue to build their athleticism and golf skills while understanding methods and techniques that are used to effectively move the golf ball around the course. We equip our juniors with the ability and vocabulary to know what is correct, and how to communicate those feelings and ideas.
This program focuses on golf fundamentals, including:
- Establishing a setup routine – Junior golfers will build upon The Golf Practice’s unique setup method—which includes properly gripping the club, addressing the ball, and aiming the clubface—and delve further into the nuances of a sound dynamic posture.
- Impact position – Students will learn how ball flight is affected by impact elements and how to consistently strike the ball on the center of the clubface.
- Wedging – Junior golfers will be able to implement proper wedging techniques by learning the importance of controlling trajectory, and they will be able to differentiate between various short-game shots.
- Bunker shots – Students will learn how to hit successful bunker shots, with a focus on successfully escaping the sand as a means to promote overall confidence.
- Proper grip and hand/wrist articulation – Students will explore various hand positions and deliveries so that the club can be swung and delivered squarely to the ball.
- Swing basics – Students will explore how the golf club rotates around the body to produce a strong and steady swing from start to finish. Equipped with the proper grip, alignment, and understanding of the swing, junior golfers are now ready to make solid contact with the ball.
For Ages 9–11
“The Cube” Indoor Facility
(Highland Park, IL)
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
We had a successful 2021 by requiring masks for staff and students and doing our best to maintain six feet of social distancing, along with other safety measures. Moving forward:
- Masks are optional for all students and staff
- If your child or an immediate family member is sick or has been in contact with Covid-19, please do not attend class.
2022 Winter Phase I
at “The Cube” Indoor Facility
(Highland Park, IL)
$359 for 8 classes
No class on Sunday, Nov 27 (Thanksgiving weekend)
Sunday Class 1
OCT 23 – DEC 18 | 9am – 10am
Sunday Class 2
OCT 23 – DEC 18 | 10:15am – 11:15am
Sunday Class 3
OCT 23 – DEC 18 | 11:30am – 12:30pm