Travel League Summer Camp
On-Course, Skill Development Training for Intermediate Golfers
The Travel League Summer Camp, a popular choice that debuted summer of 2019, is aimed at intermediate-level players who enjoy playing on the course. It is Level II of our three Summer Camp options at Canal Shores GC.
They have developed a solid foundation in the game, molded the key fundamentals and are now ready to bring their skills to the golf course. Students are given light instruction as this camp focuses on development through games.
Each day features putting and chipping courses to keep the students engaged while working on their skills. Students will also play 10 holes each day in fun formats designed for their skill level. The best way to learn golf is by playing golf and given the ample course time involved in this camp, students are able to develop the strokes, strategies and mindset to get around the course and score well.
This program focuses on helping players develop:
- Individual swing projects – Each morning, students will work on their full swings and coaches will analyze swings and provide feedback. These will typically be minor tweaks and worked on throughout the week.
- Wedging skills – Students will gain an understanding of how to execute a proper wedge shot and how to vary their shot trajectory through their setup and stroke.
- Putting technique – Students will continue to develop their grip and postures to allow for a free-moving putting stroke, and they will work on various drills to isolate the skills specific to putting (e.g., reading greens, clubface alignment, solid contact, and speed management).
- Competitive playing procedures – Players will learn more advanced rules and the nuances of golf etiquette that are required in tournament competition.
$745 for 1 week
$1,395 for 2 weeks
$2,695 for 4 weeks
(Payment plans available)
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
We had a successful 2021 summer camp season, with no known cases, by requiring masks for staff and students and doing our best to maintain six feet of social distancing, along with other safety measures. Once students get on the course and are outside that six-foot range of each other, they are allowed to remove their mask. As it stands today, we will continue the same safety measures in 2022 in order to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Canal Shores Golf Club (Evanston, IL)
M–F: 8am-12pm; the specific week(s) you will be attending is not determined during registration. In May, you will receive an email to lock in the week(s) you will be in attendance.
Can be purchased for additional $25
- Be able to walk 9 holes.
- Demonstrate the basic shot-making skills and have an interest in developing those skills on the course.
- Value fun and game-based competitions
- Have a passion to improve.
- Have a positive attitude.
Capacity for this camp is limited. Make sure to secure your spot when regisration opens in early January.
$745 / 1 week | $1,395 / 2 week | $2,695 / 4 weeks
(payment plans available)
All camps are M–F from 8am–12pm at Canal Shores Golf Club.
JUN 6 – JUN 10
JUN 13 – JUN 17
JUN 20 – JUN 24
JUN 27 – JUL 1
JUL 5 – JUL 8
JUL 11 – JUL 15
JUL 18 – JUL 22
JUL 25 – JUL 29
AUG 1 – AUG 5