2020 – Summer Intensives
The Summer Intensives program edition designed for standout junior players, ages 10 – 14, who want to push their game and be with others who share a similar drive. This invitation-only program is for players who aspire to play at a high competitive level and have proven dedication to improvement. These golfers are well on their way toward understanding their abilities, and what it takes to achieve their individual goals.
June 8 – August 7, 2020
Days: Mondays – Fridays
** No classes June 29 – July 3, 2020
Time: 8:00am – 1:00pm (25 hours/week)
Location: Deerfield Golf Club (MAP)
Commitment Options: 10 days, 15 days, 20 days, or 25 days
Important: Students are not required to attend consecutive weeks or days. The Golf Practice is sensitive to busy summer schedules. Should the above scheduling not satisfy your family’s needs, please contact info@thegolfpractice to personalize your schedule.
Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 4:1
Think your junior belongs in Summer Intensives?
Give us a call at (847) 850-0956 to schedule an evaluation!
The curriculum will consist of:
- A private goal-setting session to identify both short- and long-term goals and golf-related aspirations.
- Lessons in how students can effectively document their daily progress in order to organize their thoughts, practice routines, and hold themselves accountable.
- Instructions on how to prepare for each golf session through a daily routine that includes dynamic physical and mental warmup exercises.
- On-course tactical tournament training that focuses on teaching techniques for strategic planning, course management, decision-making, situational awareness, recovering from trouble, gaining confidence, and staying focused in the present moment.
- Dedicated short-game instruction with a focus on building the student’s confidence and creative shot-making skills.
- Detailed full-swing analysis to identify weaknesses and help explore potential adjustments.
- Full-swing projects and personalized drills to provide students with efficient and effective practice methods.
- Developing each student’s “personal par” and expectations for improvement.
- Empowering the student’s ability to achieve their best, in the moments they will need it most.
Week 1: June 8 – June 12
Week 2: June 15 – June 19
Week 3: June 22 – June 26
Week 4: July 6 – July 10
Week 5: July 13 – July 17
Week 6: July 20 – July 24
Week 7: July 27 – July 31
Week 8: August 3 – August 7
Tournaments: Students participating in the Summer Intensives program are invited to compete in TGP’s Junior Golf Tour. Students will be divided into two teams and go head-to-head in a season-long competition. A points race based on individual performance will also be tallied. Tournaments will be held every Monday from June 8-June 27; and from July 13-27. A Google form, with the courses for each tournament, will be sent to families in this program, to be filled out with the dates your junior golfer plans on playing.
10 Days: $1,400
15 Days: $2,055
20 Days: $2,500
25 Days: $3,050
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period
will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication.
Each golf bag will include a customized TGP logo and the player’s name.
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.