2020 – Summer Intensives
The Summer Intensives program edition designed for standout junior players, ages 10 – 14, who want to push their game and be with others who share a similar drive. This invitation-only program is for players who aspire to play at a high competitive level and have proven dedication to improvement. These golfers are well on their way toward understanding their abilities, and what it takes to achieve their individual goals.
June 8 – August 7, 2020 (9 weeks)
In this program, students will play 9 holes a day at Deerfield Golf Club. Tee times are inbetween 1pm-3pm each day, and the exact times will be communicated with families ahead of each week. Students should be picked up following their round, which typically takes roughly two hours. Friday’s round will be at Sunset Valley Golf Course. Students will also use the Seesaw learning app to receive curriculum from Program Director Jantzen Miserak, and also upload their results and accomplishments.
Our coaches will be wearing masks, and students should wear one as well. Once they get on the course and are six feet or more away from their playing partners, they can remove their mask. Those social distancing measures (6 feet or more) should be followed at all times, by both students and teachers. There should be no sharing of items or equipment between anyone, and students must bring their own clubs, balls, tees, ball markers, divot repair tool, snacks and water.
Before the start of camp, families will be contacted regarding the weeks they plan to attend. There are no make-ups in this program, and absences will not be credited or refunded. If you know that you cannot make a certain day, you must notify us before you register so we can prorate your tuition.
Days: Mondays – Fridays
Time: Tee times are inbetween 1pm-3pm; exact times will be communicated with families prior to each week
Commitment Options: 2-5 week options
Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 3:1
Think your junior belongs in Summer Intensives?
Give us a call at (847) 850-0956 to schedule an evaluation!
The curriculum will consist of:
- A private goal-setting session to identify both short- and long-term goals and golf-related aspirations.
- Lessons in how students can effectively document their daily progress in order to organize their thoughts, practice routines, and hold themselves accountable.
- Instructions on how to prepare for each golf session through a daily routine that includes dynamic physical and mental warmup exercises.
- On-course tactical tournament training that focuses on teaching techniques for strategic planning, course management, decision-making, situational awareness, recovering from trouble, gaining confidence, and staying focused in the present moment.
- Dedicated short-game instruction with a focus on building the student’s confidence and creative shot-making skills.
- Detailed full-swing analysis to identify weaknesses and help explore potential adjustments.
- Full-swing projects and personalized drills to provide students with efficient and effective practice methods.
- Developing each student’s “personal par” and expectations for improvement.
- Empowering the student’s ability to achieve their best, in the moments they will need it most.
Week 1: June 8 – June 12
Week 2: June 15 – June 19
Week 3: June 22 – June 26
Week 4: July 29 – July 3
Week 5: July 6 – July 10
Week 6: July 13 – July 17
Week 7: July 20 – July 24
Week 8: July 27 – July 31
Week 9: August 3 – August 7
2 Weeks: $1,400
3 Weeks: $2,055
4 Weeks: $2,500
5 Weeks: $3,050
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period
will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication.
Each golf bag will include a customized TGP logo and the player’s name.
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.