Travel League Summer Camp
On-Course, Skill Development Training for Aspiring Tournament Golfers
The Travel League Summer Camp is aimed at intermediate-level players who enjoy playing on the course. It is for students in our Travel League programs throughout the year and players with experience in the game.
This camp focuses on course management and strategy on the course. Whether your child is playing in tournaments regularly or just beginning their journey on the course, this Travel League camp will help them lower their scores. The students will be working with the coach to get around the course in the most efficient way, teaching them vital skills to make the round more enjoyable and helping them to eliminate mistakes.
Each day there will be a different challenge for the kids to complete on the course. Through these challenges we will focus on target practice, landing zones, reading greens, managing the wind, and much more.
This program focuses on helping players develop:
- Individual swing projects – During Travel Camp, students will work on their full swings and coaches will analyze swings and provide feedback. These will typically be minor tweaks and worked on throughout the week.
- Wedging skills – Students will gain an understanding of how to execute a proper wedge shot and how to vary their shot trajectory through their setup and stroke.
- Putting technique – Students will continue to develop their grip and postures to allow for a free-moving putting stroke, and they will work on various drills to isolate the skills specific to putting (e.g., reading greens, clubface alignment, solid contact, and speed management).
- Competitive playing procedures – Players will learn more advanced rules and the nuances of golf etiquette that are required in tournament competition
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.
Monday – Friday
1pm – 4pm
Mon & Wed: HP Golf Learning Center
Tues & Thur: Sunset Valley Golf Course
Fri: “The Cube” Indoor Training Facility
The Golf Practice offers a yearly rental club program. Please contact us for more details.
- Be able to walk 9 holes.
- Demonstrate the ability to launch a ball at a desired target and have an interest in exploring competitive golf.
- Value fun and game-based competitions.
- Have a passion to improve.
- Have a positive attitude.
Students participating in the Summer Travel League program are encouraged to participate in area summer tournaments. Please contact Alex Prior at [email protected] to discuss a customized tournament schedule for your junior golfer.
Please note: Illinois High School golf tryouts begin the week of August 7th, 2023
$575 / 1 week | $1,100 / 2 week | $2,00 / 4 weeks
(payment plans available)
All camps are M–F from 1pm–4pm
(No camp the week of July 4th)
JUN 12 – JUN 16
JUN 19 – JUN 23
JUN 26 – JUN 30
JUL 10 – JUL 14
JUL 17 – JUL 21
JUL 24 – JUL 28
JUL 31 – AUG 4